Frustrated

Billy2014

Just thought Id share, in a taxi on my way to a meeting, look over my left shoulder, botany bay is flat and the glassy surface is being broken up by something nice feeding on the surface with no boats around.....back to work ;)

I regularly spend my lunch times wandering down to Walsh bay. Every time I go I see bream bigger than any I have ever caught - fat blue nosed ones and plenty of other decent sized ones. I have watched kingfish come charging through and scare crap out of the bream. I am also fairly sure I saw a cuttlefish swimming around with what appeared to be a lure stuck to it. Yesterday I saw a salmon darting in and out of the pylons. Today I was firing up a school of about 40-50 bream throwing some fish and chips to them making them bust the surface and fight over it.

Now, if I was down there with a rod, you can bet my chances of getting anything are between 0 and buckleys :)

Haha, yeah, I'd suck even more if I posted that while fishing. It's always the way though, best fishing is when we are at work, less boat traffic to spook them and Murphys law always working against you. Agree about the bream, biggest ones are always seen on my lunch break and in a location that you can't fish at, who says fish are stupid?

mate i hear you this always happens to me i live waterfront and i look into the distance and see massive schools of salmon busting up on the surface get home get my gear ready get on my kayak not one salmon in sight i do the same on the weekend no salmon

it happens

I am very glad I am not the only one to experience this phenomenon! Another familiar one, have you ever had an amzing fishing session only to completely run out of baits or lures just as the fishing hots up? Or get smoked time after time on bream gear because thats all you had with you? A week goes by, weather is looking awesome, you spend the whole week preparing gear, rigging up a heavier outfit, you may have even gone out and bought a new one, stocking up on lures or bait. Then you finally get out only to discover it's as dead as a door nail?

I apologise for all the negativity, tomorrow is looking OK fishing-wise for Sydney but Sunday is looking terrible, there you go, being negative again! :-P

the worst one for me is when im fishing my parents say ill pick you up at say 4:30 ill fish for 5 hours nothing and then 4:15 i will heave the hottest bite ever and its time to go

grrrrrrrrr

Hahaha - Yes! We have all been there too I'm sure!