Narrabeen - 14/06/14

SgtBundy

The plan was Ryder and myself would meet up to be tutored by Crossfire63 on hunting Jewies, but as Crossfire could not make it Ryder and I went it alone.

Setup around 4pm in front of the surf club. There were no gutters to speak of and the entire beach looked the same so there was as good as anywhere.

All very quiet up until around 8pm when I got what I thought was a hit but was not sure, there was some weight but it was hard to be sure it wasn't just he drag of the mullet fillet. Surprise, I had a nice 31cm bream attempt to pig out on a mullet fillet and took a 6/0 hook just in the mouth.

vugerasu.jpg

After that it was all quiet up to and over the high tide. A few possible hits later on but nothing that could be confirmed.

At one point in the night I had a lumo bead jamb and break my line on a cast and send my rig off into the surf. About 15 minutes later a new rig seemed to be hit as soon as it landed. As I hauled it in I found I had actually found my lost rig, still with bait and a 20cm crab attached.

I managed to repeat the trick later when I hauled in one of Ryder's rigs that got busted off on a large hit.

A pleasant enought night but no sign of the Jewies. The hunt goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bream.....apologies for not being able to make it....had the eldest daughter in hospital with a suspected broken wrist courtesy of netball.

Not a bad bream, always amazed me how they'll take a bait that big enough to choke a horse, and yet all the experts tell you you need fine hooks, light lines and small sinkers

Nice bream.....apologies for not being able to make it....had the eldest daughter in hospital with a suspected broken wrist courtesy of netball.

Not a bad bream, always amazed me how they'll take a bait that big enough to choke a horse, and yet all the experts tell you you need fine hooks, light lines and small sinkers

Bream can sometimes be a pig with food when they are hungry.

Have caught them on big baits at times, some trying to eat dead garfish baits nearly as long as themselves.

Good to meet you as well, Ryder.

Sorry for your daughter Crossfire, one of my boys did the same thing a few weeks ago running around at school.

Hopefully we get another chance soon and can have some jewie pics to show for it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good work on the bream mate I was down there the other night with pilchards and prawns for bait and couldnt catch anything but seaweed.... I'll have to tag along for a jew fish session at narrbaeen if you guys dont mind one time... I've been trying to figure it out for a while but thus far have been unsuccessful. Last year i pulled a couple of salmon from narrabeen but its been quiet of late :(

reubs

I have a theory on this for what its worth...

Fish in the surf are chasing food that is moving around a lot more... they dart in and out of the gutters and wash and I think it makes them take baits more aggressively.

Cheers

Jim

Doh - my original plan was for Friday, but I would have been struggling to get out there by high tide after work :)

I actually thought last night looked like it might have been a better night for Jewies - didn't check the webcams but the weather looked like it would have been as flat out on the beach as it was saturday night.

Hi Guys,

I fished there alone friday night for 4 tailor, a solid bream and 2 trevs. I guess you guys missed a decent session by a day.

regards

Vee

hey mate were you with a couple of people on the north end of narrabeen at the lakes entrance?

hey mate were you with a couple of people on the north end of narrabeen at the lakes entrance?

Hey mate,

I was fishing alone right at the front of the surf club, i did see 2 guys near the entrance though. Another guy next to mix hooked a bronzie which I took a photo for him.

Ah you may have left just before we got there...we were down a bit at the pines and then when I got over catching nothing we moved to the surf club but there was still 2 blokes at the entrance...keen to tangle with a shark though!