US bass boats

Braddo1966

I am keen lake and estuary fisho. I have fished from a US bass boat one time when I was in Canada 15 years ago. Recently I have been thinking about splurging out on a 19 ft Ranger or Nitro bass boat. Does anybody own US bass boat or fished out of one here in Australia? If so what can you tell me about them? I chase beam and flathead. I fish the Hawkesbury River well as the Central and South Coasts of NSW. In future I am looking at competing in bream comps.

Regards,

Brad

I've fished out of a few in tournaments and mates boats socially Skeeters Nitro Allison Triton and the aussie made prostrike I really cant comment on which is better but they are all very good to fish out of for estuary and so well setup for tournaments and can easily handle a bit of rough weather I can tell you though that a few mates have sold there bass boats and moved on to boats like Edgewaters so they can still chase everything from bream to marlin

Hi, I agree with Iceman, they are great fishing platforms and not many if any Aussie builder build them anymore because the US bass boats are in another league. The brand mentioned like Ranger etc are fantastic boats and just last Sunday I got to run in a Ranger Walleye boat and that down under would be a perfect style of fishing boat for our waters. The boat itself weighed just shy of 2.3T(I know I had to ask the driver if that was right-he reckoned it was 5500lbs as it was loaded) and even on a bad day on lake Michigan this thing felt rock solid and with the engine one the rear the turn of speed was something to experience. Well worth doing some homework on a new or even second hand one from over there.

Cheers,

Huey.

there really nice boats and i see heaps of them out on the harbour every weekend but i would go with a edgewater or something like that because you can still do other things like go offshore but still have the capability of chasing bream and bass from a nice tournament quality boat trust me you will want to try different things when the fish are on you can just do what ever is biting at the time that said if your going to compete in tournaments on a regular basis and only fish for bream,bass,jews,flathead than a us bass boat is a good option

cheers sydneyfisher12