More blackfish

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Went out today west of the bridge for more blackfish.

Arrived at dead high tide to fish the run out.

First couple of drifts i got no touches then i started to get bites as the berly kicked in.

After half an hour got my first hook up and fish in the bag,next drift another fish in the bag then busted the leader on a solid fish as i tried too land it only got the fishes head out of the water and busted the 6lb leader this fish had me in the kelp six times each run into the kelp i managed to get him out i estimate he would of been above two kilos and close to 50cms in length.

I retied a new leader and back into them.

I put another few in the net without too much trouble then hooked another fish near 50 cms that came up like a wet sock but again the leader popped when trying too lift them out of the water.

As the tide was nearing dead low a got another couple of fish out and in the net and called it a day with twelve in the bag the biggest going 43cms and average around 35cms all fish well conditioned and fat some were dropping milt so they are getting ready too spawn.

I took some photos on the brag mat and released all fish too spawn and be caught again.

post-18046-0-63631100-1403868548_thumb.jpg

post-18046-0-68045300-1403868582_thumb.jpg

Cheers trevor

Guest hawkesbass

Hi ryder i owe alot too luderick angler i knew enough too catch the blackfish before but since fishing with him my success rate has gone through the roof.

If you would like to get some blackfish let me know when you want to go but i am having surgery next friday so i will be out of action for a month at the longest.

Very well done mate that's a great haul and would have been awesome fun on 6lb leader. Unfortunate on the bust offs but that's what makes us come back for more!

Good luck and a swift and healthy recovery

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Guest hawkesbass

Scout around the ocean rocks i found some at cronulla but only enough too use for bait and collected cabbage for the berly.

Great gesture releasing all those yummy blackfish!

You must be a fish charmer, getting a dozen flipfloppers to behave on the brag mat whilst getting there photo taken. I have trouble with 1

LOL

Nice report Trevor

Thanks

JD

Guest hawkesbass

Great gesture releasing all those yummy blackfish!

You must be a fish charmer, getting a dozen flipfloppers to behave on the brag mat whilst getting there photo taken. I have trouble with 1

LOL

Nice report Trevor

Thanks

JD

Once they been in the keepers net for a while they settle down.

Guest hawkesbass

A great bag of luderick as always.

Come out to the hacking for the luderick on a trip when you get out of hospital.

Chris.

Will do i know a few spots we can target them land based or in a boat.