Stockton Beach 27/6/14

fisherman666

Just reporting how I went last night. Fished from about 5pm to 9pm with a 8:30 high.

Ended up with 3 salmon between the 3 of us, 1 ray and 1 small crab. Biggest fish going 65cm. I only caught one salmon and the ray but at least I got the biggest. But anyway, what a night to be out. Just beautiful! Not a breath of wind at all. Winter nights are easy when they're like that.

I had no luck hooking up on ganged whole pillies so moved to a single long shank hook (half-pllies) to get the fish.

Here's some photos to enjoy.

post-23818-0-80411500-1403905744_thumb.jpg

post-23818-0-30560400-1403905772_thumb.jpg

Good work mate. There are some big Salmon around there at the moment. Did you hear about the 10kg Tailor that was supposedly taken at Stocko Beach last week?

Edited by Dave_

I don't mind a fish cake done right myself. I bet your cat loves em too.

A 10kg tailor is just awesome. Almost unbelievable really as Ive not found one over 40cm. Tailor taste much better so bring em on I say.

I spun a 20g chrome lure at dusk also but they weren't there unfortunately.

I don't mind a fish cake done right myself. I bet your cat loves em too.

A 10kg tailor is just awesome. Almost unbelievable really as Ive not found one over 40cm. Tailor taste much better so bring em on I say.

I spun a 20g chrome lure at dusk also but they weren't there unfortunately.

Sorry Old mate no cat only a Amstaff who does like Cats after they have eaten fish cakes. lol