Wentworth Falls Lake

philip_the_fisher

I have fished wenty lake many time with my friends on the north side useing 7 gram tassie devils in traffic light colours and spinners but nothings ever been caught by any of us at all. I heard that NSW fisheries stocks it every year with 1000 brown trout 1000 rainbows and 1000 brook trout does anyone know if this is true and has anyone had much success at the wenty lake if so can you please tell me what you used and what part you fished.

hey phillip, i fish the lake at least a couple of times a week and rarely come up empty handed. The majority of my time is spent in the far north western corner of the lake where the water level varies between 30cm and approximately 2 m in depth. Although tassie devils have caught fish i have had much greater success using floating rapala minnows in 5 and 7 cm models in brown or rainbow trout patterns( gold is another good choice). Just use a slow jerking retrieve and dont try to get the lure down too deep as trout prefer to rise to a lure most times.The north western corner is also a great spot to use a fly rod as most afternoons there is significant rises in this area.Mudeyes can also be found uder submerged timber and rocks or by scooping a fine mesh net through the weedbeds if bait fishing is your cup of tea,powerbait also works well as does instant bait with ultrabite. Good luck with your fishing and i might run into you down there sometime :1fishing1:

I have fished wenty lake many time with my friends on the north side useing 7 gram tassie devils in traffic light colours and spinners but nothings ever been caught by any of us at all. I heard that NSW fisheries stocks it every year with 1000 brown trout 1000 rainbows and 1000 brook trout does anyone know if this is true and has anyone had much success at the wenty lake if so can you please tell me what you used and what part you fished.

65280[/snapback]

hey phill it it's hugh just to let you know i caught a 2 kilo broun trout there just last week with pat