Fun with Aussie Salmon

Mousse

I hit the rocks on Thursday with two rigs, one to fish in close for pigs and bream, and a second to cast out further for Salmon or Tailor.

I had absolutely no luck this week with the pigs, which is unusual as the conditions seemed good and the spot is usually pretty reliable.

I managed to land a decent Salmon, which are great fun of the rocks and tend to come in good numbers when it's this cold. I was just using 3 ganged 5/0 Mustads with a whole pillie under a float.

nu8e5uvy.jpg

e9u5e3et.jpg

The drummer were nowhere to be seen...bread burley, Cunje or prawns didnt do the trick. No bream either, just annoying bait stealing Kelpies! A couple of small leather jackets too.

At least the salmon showed up for a while!

I hit the rocks on Thursday with two rigs, one to fish in close for pigs and bream, and a second to cast out further for Salmon or Tailor.

I had absolutely no luck this week with the pigs, which is unusual as the conditions seemed good and the spot is usually pretty reliable.

I managed to land a decent Salmon, which are great fun of the rocks and tend to come in good numbers when it's this cold. I was just using 3 ganged 5/0 Mustads with a whole pillie under a float.

The drummer were nowhere to be seen...bread burley, Cunje or prawns didnt do the trick. No bream either, just annoying bait stealing Kelpies! A couple of small leather jackets too.

At least the salmon showed up for a while!

Not a bad Salmon mate. They fight well don't they? I would argue that size for size they might not pull quite as hard as a king but I reckon they fight for longer with more energy.

There are massive schools around at the moment and they will be hanging around for a while. Some of them are HUGE. I got onto a few on Friday that were legal size for kingy's. Gee they pull hard at that size on light gear.

A few even reefed me!