Capricorn 2000a

lurespinner

all fireline

i dunno if it would be enough

i am gonna be chasing bonnies and frigates in summer so i think i need more than that...  :wacko:

65379[/snapback]

Big mistake!

You should have put a few turns of mono underneath. Otherwise the Fireline will spin on the spool...Not a good look. :thumbdown:

Guest fishrunner

If the box says 135yds of lb,- that would be mono.

As joe said back it with mono 1st,

On a particular site capricorn says 100mtr of 4kg, same as stradic 1000(stated 100mtr of 4kg),- now I have a stradic 1000, I would say the capricorn your lookin at will roughly hold the same , ie- 100mtrs 4lb backing and a 125 mtr spool of 4lb fireline,- which would normally be heaps for relatively clean fighting fish.

6lb braid is roughly 2lb diam,- to give an idea as it's the line size you mention.

note:-only a guide as I didn't measure the mono backing(I've only seen it a few times anyway)

If you are still concerned about it you could look at the capriorn 2500 size before making a final decision,- there's no difference in price :thumbup:

hope this helps

cheers

Edited by fishrunner

i mainly need to know how much fireline it can hold

65398[/snapback]

I have 125yds of 4lb Fireline on my 2000 Laguna (with mono backing). Based on how much the Fireline filled the spool, I think you could put 300yds of 4lb Fireline on a 2000 Capricorn. You could do a rough calculation based on the diameter of the Fireline in comparison to diameters of 4 or 6lb mono (and the stated spool capacity).

One way to to do it and get it right first go is to use the spare spool. You put the Fireline on first and either cut it off at the correct level, or add mono backing when you run out of Fireline. Then take the spare spool off the reel, fit the spool you are going to fish with, and wind all the line from the spare spool onto the reel.

Would be keen to hear how much Fireline you fitted in the end.

Cheers,

Jeff

One way to to do it and get it right first go is to use the spare spool. You put the Fireline on first and either cut it off at the correct level, or add mono backing when you run out of Fireline. Then take the spare spool off the reel, fit the spool you are going to fish with, and wind all the line from the spare spool onto the reel.

65412[/snapback]

I was just about to post that...when I saw Jeff's reply. Thats how I did it when I had the luxury of extra spools. :thumbup:

I just spooled my Capricorn 2000 with 125 yds of 6 pound Fireline and I needed a mono backing as well to fill the spool.

Using the spare spool is definately the go.

EDIT : from memeory 6 pd Fireline was a thinner diameter than the thinnest diameter printed on the spool. You gotta work it out.

Edited by Grantm