Rod Tip advice/explantion

top breamer

Hi guys/girls,

I am a long time member here and enjoy reading the post from the members keep them coming they are great ! :D

As the OP states i'm in need of some help with clarifying how to interpret the rod tip sizes and what would be a good opinion from the expirenced rod builders on here.

i have 2 , 2-4 kg bream sticks one is a custom i got a while back and has the titanium fuji guides on it and need to know what size tip would be best suited to it ?

the other is a Daiwa tierra with fuji alconites also need a tip as the O ring has fallen out.

Thanks

Nick

They won't replace a titanium tip for $12 lol most shops wouldn't event stock them, prob have to order it. I would normally go a size #6 ring for 2-5kg rods, unless u have calipers prob have to take it to the local to get the right tube size anyway (prob be a 1.6-8mm though). For the tierra be looking for a Fuji BFAT an the custom a fuji TFST

Firstly, I assume you're talking about the size of the ceramic, not the tube size?

If so, it all depends on the size of the guides on the rod. Generally you want a tip that is the same size, or one size smaller than the last guide on the rod.