Fishing Lake Wallace

Sydneyfisher12

Hi raiders this weekend I headed up to lake Wallace

I arrived Friday night the plan was to fish the next day

DAY 1

Got to lake Wallace at around 10:00pm and set up my rod with power bait and one with a lure I had a many different colours of power bait pink, red, brown, green and yellow and orange it was very cold were I was fishing and the 30kn wind didn't make it any better I sat for hours flicked my whole box of lures I was freezing hour after hour nothing about ten different people had come and go the people righh next to me got nice one but then left but I wasn't going to give up i stayed until dark and just after hoping for just one fish tried all my different colours of power bait all my lures hard body's, SP's, blades, spinner baits, surface lures, tassie devils the lot end of the story nothing for a whole day in freezing cold weather I recon the top temp for the day was about 2 degrees

DAY 2

I woke up earlier and was at the lake by 8:00am there were about 5 other guys there I set put my lines again and sat in the car because it was freezing I had one out with the yellow and green I was looking at fishraider on my phone and my mum said what's that fish jumping out there I looked over at the fish and then my rod and it was buckled over I sprinted out dropped my phone on the floor and I was on this fish was jumping every where I lifted it onto the bank and then the 6lb leader broke I jumped on the fish and got it before it slipped back into the water it wasn't that big but after hours on end with no fish I was soooooo happy it went 38cm and I decided to let it go I didn't know if it was a spawner but let it go anyway it swam away nicely after a bit of swimming. I fished until 12:00am and then packed up and headed home

We stopped at a few places on the way home

I love it there all the locals are friendly and willing to share information one guy was fishing next to me on both days and told me yellow was a good colour he also fished both days and got none on the first day but he got one of similar size on the second day he also let it go

It was a great day and somewhere I definitely want to fish again or maybe one of the close by lakes TCD or lake Lyell

Cheers sydneyfisher12

post-33466-0-26369100-1405849180_thumb.jpg

Got one!

Good onya mate!

Pretty tough going though by the sound of it.

Youve done well on your first trip and thanks for letting it go, youll be repayed in karma lol.

Such a different feeling fishing the mountain lakes compared to the hustle and bustle of the harbour, i love it even if i dont catch, just a great way to spend the day!

Now to get one on a lure should be your next challenge lol and then on fly!!!!