Refurbishing The Old Tinny

Big-Pete

After many attempts to do up my old 4.1mtr Quintrex I finally decided to have one more attempt. I have over tried to fit forward steering, a centre console but I have always gone back to a tiller steer. After seeing a few Bass/Bream boats I thought this is what I want. So I set out to convert my boat into one. I looked at a few designs and I was lucky enough to fish with Ozy in his old boat I went out and bought some 12mm ply for the floor and some marine carpet s/steel piano hinges and a few hundred other bits and pieces.

Pedestal seats and a Minn Kota for up the front.

I will post the photos as they will tell the story better than I can

Big Pete

Here is the rear deck in place and covered with carpet, under the deck is a 25 ltr s/steel fuel tank a medium sized gel battery and storage area for the rear nav light and lifejacket and bilge pump. Sorry about the mess but space is scarce.

Big Pete

post-74-1125910999_thumb.jpg

Edited by Big-Pete

I will post some more pictures next time I get the boat out so that you can see the finished product and how I have set up the hatches. I have not painted the hull as I feel it would not achieve any thing, but of course I can be talked into it if the right amount of pressure is applied. :074:

I forgot to mention I scrubbed the floor with a stainless/steel wire brush and then sprayed it with lanox to help protect it from the elements.

Thanks Guys for your comments and yes I have taken the boat out and I am wrapped in the improvement,I even replaced my old Humminbird TCR101 you know the one with pixels the size of match boxes.

Big-Pete :1fishing1:

Edited by Big-Pete

but of course I can be talked into it if the right amount of pressure is applied.  :074:

65568[/snapback]

Consider the pressure APPLIED! :thumbup:

I was mentioning to my girls that I wanted to paint the boat, and change colour from the boring white I have. I gave my youngest, 6, the option of picking the colour. She came up with 2 suggestions. Pink, and a 2 tone Black over Red. As I am not a Norths fan, it looks like I will be painting it Pink..!!!! :1yikes: Unless she changes her mind! :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Fishn,

sorry about the time lag, I have been out of action;still am but reading a tape isnt that hard :biggrin2: .

The front casting deck is 820 mm long and the rear is 780 mm long.

I hope this helps the rest of the photos require me to pull the boat of the garage and this may be a few months away at this stage

Big Pete

well that would be a one of a kind.

wouldnt miss jiggin joe the pink panther on the water

65578[/snapback]

Jigalow Joe. I recall Joe you saying you wanted a cash business

A new on water service at mates rates we hope.

Big Pete, your on fire with the boat reno. It seems to be coming together