Sydney Harbour - Salmon, Flathead and Trevally

Sydneyfisher12

Gday raiders today i fished the harbour with my dad

we arrived at drummoyne at 9:00am and headed for the harbour but first got pulled over by the water police for a safety check

anyway we wanted t have a look at north head for any salmon schools but is was just to rough so we went to chinamans i fished for about and hour and got 2 trevally (30cm) and alot of small pinkies we then left

the next spot we tried was watsons bay i though is would be out of the wind from the southerly but a soon as we arrived the wind turned to a westerly so it was really windy i caught 1 trevally (30cm) 1 flounder (25cm) 1 bream (25cm) 1 flathead (39cm) and a lot of pinkies we let every thing go except the flathead which we weren't sure about keeping so we put it in the live bait tank

we left to get out of the wind we decided we would fish just inside H.M.A.S point to get out of the westerly but as soon a we arrived it turned to a southerly :ranting2::mad3: anyway we anchored up i caught two trevally (35cm) and heaps of small sweep by then i had a enough of the wind and headed up river to try and avoid it

we decided to fish in lavender bay we anchored up and i set one unweight pillie cube out and a weighted pillie cube on the bottom and then i flicked a plastic i sat down to tie and new plastic on and i was just putting the hook through and my bottom rod buckled i quickly jumped up and grabbed it it was really nice fish and it was running for a marina about 20m away my dad cleared the rods it was about 2m away from the marina and i locked the drag to turn its head it worked i then backed off the drag and then it jumped it was a nice salmon is tried to get me in about 4 boats but it was soon in the net :biggrinthumb: it was a really big salmon and a really fat one it measured in at 62cm i kept this one for a feed

it was a great day out even in the wind i just like to be out on the water doing my favourite thing in the world

cheers sydneyfisher12

post-33466-0-66691100-1406963060_thumb.png

Wow great salmon mate

Might of been hard with the wind following you but came up with a great fish to end the day

Were you fishing near the wharf and marinas on the right side or the left where Luna park is

I take it near the marinas

Salmon are coming in late this year but hopefully stay late

Well done

Cheers thefisherman6784

Wow great salmon mate

Might of been hard with the wind following you but came up with a great fish to end the day

Were you fishing near the wharf and marinas on the right side or the left where Luna park is

I take it near the marinas

Salmon are coming in late this year but hopefully stay late

Well done

Cheers thefisherman6784

on the right near the marinas

That's a nice big sambo. Well done.

The wind just kept changing around today, playing tricks.

The best way to stick to the wind is by catching fish anyway.

Great work.

thanks mate the wind will never stop me I'll always just beat the wind by catching great fish

Great effort young fella. You truly are addicted to go out in that weather today. Your dad must be the same as you too. Well done for your persistence! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

thanks scratchie I'm sooooooo addicted wind doesn't stop me

Nice salmon... I knew the wind and cold weather wouldn't keep you away.

Cheers

thanks fragmeister the wind and the cold wasn't the best but as I have said it doesn't put me off

Nice Salmon !

Thanks mate

Great Salmon mate, hopefully get out tomorrow for a run

thanks mate good luck hopefully you get some

there was a big school of salmon of Maianbar flats thursday morning,I watched them for about 20 mins then the pelicans landed and the school spooked and vanished

that would off been a great site to see I hate it when I see fish but can't catch them Edited by Sydneyfisher12