Sunday morning at The Entrance

SgtBundy

Was staying with my parents on the weekend to take advantage of some baby sitting. On Sunday one of my boys wanted to go fishing and of course Dad and I were only too keen to go to.

We hired a boat and went out on Lake Tuggerah and tried a few spots up the channel. My son was getting nibbles on garlic chicken but no takes, so after about an hour he got frustrated with the whole deal.

I was throwing some plastics for no action, meanwhile dad was using a blackfish rig and while waiting for downs throwing some plastics too.

There was a bit of mullet jumping going on so we tried some hard bodies thinking there might be tailor about but no luck there.

On our last spot on the way back to the boat shed dad started getting takes on the blackfish rig, and pulled in his first customer, a nice sized black. This cleared the grumbling of my son who now was keen to look after the catch.

Dad soon got a second and I decided I wanted to try this black fishing deal for myself as nothing else was about. Dad got a third before I sorted my rig out and had it in the water, and a forth soon after.

After a few resets and redrifts I finally got one on and managed to get him in the boat despite dealing with a rig that left about 8ft of line to pull in once it met my snap.

At this point the boat time was running out and we had my wife and mum waiting for us for lunch back at shore so we headed back.

Was in a bit of a rush so didn't get an shots of the catch but all 5 were in the 30cm range and cleaned up and filleted to take home.

Enjoyed a nice but cool morning out plus taking my first blackfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk