Stradic 4000 FI stuck roller bearing

The roller bearing on my stradic hasnt moved in about 3 months so i finally got a replacement. However when i go to take the bearing out it wont move. Ive looked at my newer stradic FA and the bearing and roller pop straight out when unscrewed. This is driving me crazy. Id rather not have to go to the tackle shop and pay $50 bucks to replace a bearing but it seems I may have no other choice. Does anyone have a solution?

Hey mate. Great reels the Stradic FI series. I recently had a similar issue with my Saragosa 8000F. Although this reel doesn't use a bearing but a nylon bushing it was seized. I soaked the line roller in some Sunbeam Liquid Descaler I had laying around. Worked for me. Something like CLR should do the trick or any descaling solution really. I like to use Shimano Ace2 grease in this area to prevent penetration in the future. It's the salt that is the primary cause of failure hence why I rinse with warm water when I get home. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate. Great reels the Stradic FI series. I recently had a similar issue with my Saragosa 8000F. Although this reel doesn't use a bearing but a nylon bushing it was seized. I soaked the line roller in some Sunbeam Liquid Descaler I had laying around. Worked for me. Something like CLR should do the trick or any descaling solution really. I like to use Shimano Ace2 grease in this area to prevent penetration in the future. It's the salt that is the primary cause of failure hence why I rinse with warm water when I get home. Hope this helps.

I tried soaking it in various things but nothing seems to work. Ended up calling shimano and the guy said to put the screw in a tiny bit then lock the bail arm in a vice. Then just lightly tap the screw until the pin pops out the other side. Worked perfectly. This Ace2 greece you mentioned, where would i get that? I've got the replacement bearing ready but dont want the same thing to happen again. Would it be ok to use normal reel or drag grease instead?

thanks

You can get Shimano Ace2 grease from any tackle shop. Ring around. Cal's Drag grease should be good too. Personal preference is grease but some will say oil.

Some really good servicing videos on the Australian Daiwa site if your interested.