How Good are the Pride 6M glass boat !

wlin88

hey guys,

I am thinking about buying this 6M Pride glass boat unfortunately I dont have too much information on the boat itself such as model and the year.

the transom is solid and the floor is good the rest of the boat is clean. pretty high side on the gunnel looks like a decent boat.

just want to get some feedback on them as I try to google it not much result are showing up ..

cheers

wen

Hi wen, that engine has warranty till January 2016. I hope someone has done a 3 year service on an engine with so little use in over 3 years. Impellers do not like sitting for so long without use and the fuel systems do not like only doing 35 hours in that time too-the fuel can go off and gum things up. Are you sure it has only done 35 hours because that is very very low. What is the WOT RPM on the old girl and it looks like a Caribbean Belmont to me-I am guessing it does not have it's compliance plate anymore?

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Huey, to be honest I have not taken the boat for a run yet . just got it this week and I am hoping to take the boat for a run this weekend (if missus allowed). in term of the service it has been done 8 month ago and I am thinking about putting some hours on the outboard before I do a another service :). she is in a good running order start first go hot or cold and sounds nice as well (smokeless cold). in term of the boat I have been told its a Pride boat (showing on the Rego Papaer) not sure on the model though and I cant seen to see compliance plate any where.

huey, also one other issue I have is the i-commad gauge (2 of them) the display is very blur when you first turn on how ever it improves when the the boat is running for about 1-2 min ? is that the battery voltage issue ? confuse ?

Just because the rego papers say one brand does not mean it is right. Pride and Caribbean were from the same company back in the day. You can change the contrast on the I-Command and I hope the battery does not have wing nuts, if it does get rid of them and make sure everything is upto scratch. Just like sounders etc, there are software upgrade that can be applied to I-Command too to improve them. You could see what the latest version is. If propped and set-up right that V6 will push that old girl nicely-best to see around 5600-5800 at WOT.

Cheers,

Huey.