Little Manly

Jaso

I used to use the Little Manly ramp a few years back (small boat) - but the parking used to suck real bad...

Does anyone use it - has it changed at all in the past couple of years for parking or the ramp itself (I assume its still there)?

It doesnt show on the whereis UBD.. but it's at the western end of Little Manly bay:

post-32-1125973445_thumb.jpg

Jaso

Ramp is still there, but yes parking is the biggest problem particularly in Summer time. This has been helped a bit recently with the council allocating specific parking areas on the street to cars with boat trailers only. The ramp can be a bit tough on low tides with trailers coming off the end

I have used it several times b4, I dont like it much at all. Putting a boat in on your own there is not easy, as you have to leave your boat either beached if there is a little swell, its hard work. The ramp is narrow and easy to run off, you gotta be good at reversing. Better with two people. Less crowded during the week, weekends are a shitfight .

Gidday Jaso,I use this ramp whenever I fish sydney harbour.It has a few problems as the other guys outlined,be carefull of the surge when launching though.At the bottom of the tide it can get really tricky as the end of the ramp defines the word drop off.When I launch at that stage of the tide I usually slew the trailer to the side where the beach is .Early in the morning is the best time as there is usually a park at the ramp.

Simon