Fishing at balmoral. Help needed

aceace

Boat or land based ?

Land based...

The wharf next to the pool is a good spot for live bait . Take a sabiki jig and berley.

Send the livey out for tailor flathead or salmon.

The pylons a around the wharf are good for leather jackets.

I have seen a local catching squid with a jig suspended under a bobby cork

Boat

The drift at the back of the beach produces flathead and flounder.

The reefs around the "island" are a good spot for squid.

You could also berley up the reef areas for Trevally.

I've fished there a lot some days it can fish really well and some days you can get nothing bring a couple of rods along one for catching yakkas and squid unweighted small bits of pillie are good and so are prawns but the best is chicken breast or any chicken. Also other fish such as trevally, bream and leaguer jackets hang around under the wharf so it's worth having a unweighted pillies cube out. For squid small natural coloured jigs will work good. Once you get your yakkas put one out as a live bait best if u use a ballon and set the yakka just off the bottom you will get salmon, kings, bonito and many other pelagic fish. Also have a metal lure ready for any surface action also it's worth flicking a paddle tail or wriggler for flathead on the sand

You will want to fish off the wharf that comes off the swimming bath on the north side I have attached a guide on where to go fishing off the bath is not allowed but you can fish off the wharf. You can also buy bait where the arrow points bait like pilchards, squid and prawns but you have to bring your own chicken

post-33466-0-78502300-1408761755_thumb.jpg

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Guest Aussie007

ive been there a few times, one night the squid wanted nothing to do with out jigs the next time we caught every squid seen

me and mates use to travel all over sydney checking out all kinds of fishing spots, this spot in particular i tried fishing around 10pm one night alone and a couple guys were talking about robbing me for my tackle havent been back since

I went there today to kill a few hours, couple of guys, not aussie, decided it was ok to have 3 rods each out covering every square inch of the fishing wharf, so I fished off the walking path part of the wharf and caught a few good trevally which they then deixded to cast over me to get to where my bait was, caught a flatty about 50cm which they then sent one of there kids over to ask to have the flathead in which I told him no his going back in and took great pleasure in staring at the dad who was casting over me as I released the fish,

Pretty low to send one if your kids over to ask for my fish when you can't catch one haha.

I went there today to kill a few hours, couple of guys, not aussie, decided it was ok to have 3 rods each out covering every square inch of the fishing wharf, so I fished off the walking path part of the wharf and caught a few good trevally which they then deixded to cast over me to get to where my bait was, caught a flatty about 50cm which they then sent one of there kids over to ask to have the flathead in which I told him no his going back in and took great pleasure in staring at the dad who was casting over me as I released the fish,

Pretty low to send one if your kids over to ask for my fish when you can't catch one haha.

Its legal to have 4 rods per person. Being considerate to other fellow anglers is another thing though. Some people are just thick