After school flattie

thefisherman6784

Hey guys

Real quick report

Seamus and I went to tackle world and he bought his new daiwa generation black trauma centre

After we went for a half hour fish and I got a nice little 32cm flattie on a plastic

Don't know how he went when I left

Cheers thefisherman6784

7eb69807101ca10fade74a0dbe4014d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by thefisherman6784

Nice little flattie there mate

As soon a you left about 5 mins later right at the end of the wharf I lifted the lure got a tiny tap no hook up then lifted the rod again and I was on it took some drag and I did the risky thing of lifting it in with 6lb leader it was on my sienna with a lure I won at the hairtail social a power bait 3 inch paddle tail on a 1/8th head. My friendly neighbour measured as I forgot my brag mat and it went 47.5 and very fat. I then released it. It was my first fish on SP there and the first flattie I've caught there in about 3 years there I've caught plenty of bream but no flathead. I'll be back there soon

post-33466-0-45152100-1410944492_thumb.jpg

I got a few more hits and one hook up but dropped it. So I left

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Edited by Sydneyfisher12

Also Seamus, what you think of the trauma centre? How's it compare to your 2-6 gen black?

I love it so far my best light rod. It's really sensitive one tiny little tap of the rod makes the lure work really well for lures such as crabbys and minnows. But also it will work great for hoping the lure and doing all soft plastic work it's a all rounder. I don't have the 2-6kg it's Gianni's but I've used it a lot it's more suited to heavier lures for flathead, Jewies and even kingfish but still works for bream. Mine is rated at 2-5kg but I think it suited to a 2000 size reel and 4lb line. Gianni's is 2-6kg but is more suited to a 2500 with 10lb.

I love it can't wait to put some serious bend in it and hear some drag screaming off

Cheers sydneyfisher12

I love it so far my best light rod. It's really sensitive one tiny little tap of the rod makes the lure work really well for lures such as crabbys and minnows. But also it will work great for hoping the lure and doing all soft plastic work it's a all rounder. I don't have the 2-6kg it's Gianni's but I've used it a lot it's more suited to heavier lures for flathead, Jewies and even kingfish but still works for bream. Mine is rated at 2-5kg but I think it suited to a 2000 size reel and 4lb line. Gianni's is 2-6kg but is more suited to a 2500 with 10lb.

I love it can't wait to put some serious bend in it and hear some drag screaming off

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Ah nice, sounds like a great rod mate glad you're liking it! Get a bend in it soon! I like the daiwa mid ranges so far for that. Even though my new one rips 3/8th ounce with a big plastic on it they've made the tip section really light so I could bream with it too. Have to meet up and compare tackle man :)

One of the best rods in the price range

Can't argue with you Ben

It's an amazing rod and for that price makes it even better

I want to get 2 more gen blacks, one ultra light and one 5-10kg

Such a great rod in any fisherman's price range and can target from yakkas to kingys all on one rod.

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk