Top Day In Pittwater

joking fish

I went to the Northern Beaches for a solo session yesterday. A few days earlier my brother came up trumps catching 2 legal Trevally and 4 legal Tailor. While he was catching fish I caught nothing. Armed with Pilchards and a new 4-6 Kilo outfit I fished mid to late afternoon on a perfect Spring day. I caught 2 Salmon that put up a great fight on light gear. One went 52cm and the other 54cm. I bled the Salmon and kept them for Thai fishcakes. I lost a stonker Trevally around the 40cm mark after it spat the hooks. I landed a small Trevally around the 32cm mark but released him back into the drink. All in all it was a top day in Pittwater. As I cleaned the Salmon a resident Pelican came to feed on the scraps. The are highly amusing and cheeky animals. I could watch them for hours. My mother is cooking the fish cakes tonight and I cant wait to eat them. Fresh fish, does it get any better than that?

post-16627-0-94660800-1411776320_thumb.jpg

post-16627-0-50358500-1411776581_thumb.jpg

post-16627-0-03199200-1411776603_thumb.jpg

Edited by barcod86

Guest Aussie007

nice catch seems the salmon are about, we always feed the pelicans probably not the right thing to do being wild animals but they just sit and wait for a feed patiently