South east rocks salmon

KayakPat

got out by 6 am but there was no action until about 10 am. Had some big sambos chasing my poppers hooked one right at the rocks but it spat the hooks on the first jump. Kept at it for a while, then changed to a raider and hooked up on the 3rd cast after a series of strikes with no connection... The hooks we set well enough for me to let it exhaust its self with acrobatics and runs. My mate got down on the lower ledge and helped land it :) There were a few more hookups and frustrating chases but no more fish landed.

post-33751-0-06239200-1411971248_thumb.jpg

got out by 6 am but there was no action until about 10 am. Had some big sambos chasing my poppers hooked one right at the rocks but it spat the hooks on the first jump. Kept at it for a while, then changed to a raider and hooked up on the 3rd cast after a series of strikes with no connection... The hooks we set well enough for me to let it exhaust its self with acrobatics and runs. My mate got down on the lower ledge and helped land it :) There were a few more hookups and frustrating chases but no more fish landed.

Well done mate..

Where about were you fishing?