Where To ?

novice

Hey everyone,

i've been reading the forums for a while now, but have never gotten involved.....until now.

On Tuesday 13/9, I'm heading out for a day on the water with a mate but not sure where to go. I've got a 4.75 runabout which i usually take to broken bay (via brooklyn). I've tried botany bay and sydney harbour (around clifton), but have't had much luck. Any suggestions ???? Although i've been fishing for a while, i think i'm doing everything wrong.....any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Guest hottuna
Hey everyone,

i've been reading the forums for a while now, but have never gotten involved.....until now.

On Tuesday 13/9, I'm heading out for a day on the water with a mate but not sure where to go. I've got a 4.75 runabout which i usually take to broken bay (via brooklyn). I've tried botany bay and sydney harbour (around clifton), but have't had much luck. Any suggestions ???? Although i've been fishing for a while, i think i'm doing everything wrong.....any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

66157[/snapback]

i`lll be out tuesday in the polycraft, prolly syd harbour.....Look around the heads and keep your eye out for birds, theres a good chance that there will be salmon feeding in the surface. If you see me out there (the boats bright red and a centre console, give me a hoy.

Dan

:1welcomeani: Novice

Mate im certainly no expert but like a lot of people this time of year can be tough fishing anyway so dont expect too much, although its starting to warm up now which should get things going.

Many people struggle in the Hawkesbury cause they tend to fish the most common ground, Bridges, Flint and Steel, Juno etc. These places can be fishless for an entire day then fire the next or only at certain tides and times .

When it gets a bit tough wherever I go I tend to move around a bit and do some drifts in close to the many small beaches around the place which usually turn up some Flatties and a few Bream which can often save the day.

Maybe try throwing a few lures around these areas and see how you go. Dont be scared to fish right in close either.

Cheers and good luck. :biggrin2:

:1welcomeani:

On this site go to the articles and there are areas, locations mentioned in them relating to the Hawkesbury and surrounding areas. These will get you started.

Another option is book a charter with a mate or two from one of the operators who fish the Harbour of Hawkesbury. They will show you a few locations, rigs, baits to use etc.

Alternatively try the old faithfuls in the Hawkesbury, Juno Point, Flint and Steel, Any of the Oyster racks or try your luck at drifting for a few flathead.

Cheers