Kingfish at goat island?

thefisherman6784

Hey raiders

Thinking of taking the hobie out to chase salmon at goat island in the next week or two. I know there's salmon in the afternoon but wondering if the rat kings are on the goat island marker yet. Wouldn't mind just getting one but do I have to use live bait, plastics, jigs.

What I'm thinking is floating an unweighted pilly cube on the gomoku, 20lb braid, 20lb leader and a big slapstick plastic on the Daiwa, 10lb braid, 20lb leader.

Are they there? Do you think it's worth a shot while waiting for salmon to come up and do you think my set up will get them

Any feedback appreciated

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too sound it out on the way out and have done for years. Its usually empty, but when I have sounded fish, there is plenty ( double hook ups Kings/ Tailor etc) . Its hit and miss just another rest stop on the fishy highway for the kings I think.

Cheers

Blood Knot

I too sound it out on the way out and have done for years. Its usually empty, but when I have sounded fish, there is plenty ( double hook ups Kings/ Tailor etc) . Its hit and miss just another rest stop on the fishy highway for the kings I think.

Cheers

Blood Knot

I think you are right about the rest spots... I always hope that they aren't just leaving the next market I head for in favour of the one I just left!

Cheers

Jim