Rock fishing Maroubra

UnderFisher

Hit the rocks at north Maroubra from about 5am to 7.30am. Pretty slow, scored one nice salmon but no other touch all morning. This spot can really fire when they're on, but clearly they're not really on... Few other guys there fishing for drummer and optimistically kingfish but got nothing when I left. Also got in trouble from the missus going fishing while she was sick, hence early departure, oops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never mind mate thats the way it goes with fishing.You mention the other guys fishing drummer did any one catch any Blackfish as they have been inconsistent down there of late.

cheers Steve.

no one fishing for blackfish. A few weeks ago a group of 6 were all black fishing but only managed a couple while I was there.

Hit the rocks at north Maroubra from about 5am to 7.30am. Pretty slow, scored one nice salmon but no other touch all morning. This spot can really fire when they're on, but clearly they're not really on... Few other guys there fishing for drummer and optimistically kingfish but got nothing when I left. Also got in trouble from the missus going fishing while she was sick, hence early departure, oops!

Hey mate,

Where did you fish @ maroubra fish?

Rocks close to the pool?

I always fish the beach..

Spykey the North maroubra rocks are easily accessible in a low swell, head north on the beach and walk around. There is a spot where on a calm day you'll see a lot of people fishing for blakies and there is a platform full of weed. Careful and watch those waves. I got hit by 2 freak ones a while back and lost so much gear... Lucky it wasn't my life!

Very hit or miss spot. Unfortunately it's also a spot where a lot of undersized blacks get taken due to ignorant people claiming they don't speak the language so they don't know the rules. I stopped fishing there after so many arguments with 35cm rats and 20cm pinkies being taken.

Spykey the North maroubra rocks are easily accessible in a low swell, head north on the beach and walk around. There is a spot where on a calm day you'll see a lot of people fishing for blakies and there is a platform full of weed. Careful and watch those waves. I got hit by 2 freak ones a while back and lost so much gear... Lucky it wasn't my life!

Very hit or miss spot. Unfortunately it's also a spot where a lot of undersized blacks get taken due to ignorant people claiming they don't speak the language so they don't know the rules. I stopped fishing there after so many arguments with 35cm rats and 20cm pinkies being taken.

See it far too often, tell them the rules but no English.

Agree with tef1on's comments. A lot of newbies also seem to fish here... It can be quite dangerous so watch the swell and tides, anything over 2m and forget it, even 1.5m can be scary depending on the swell direction and tide. I've arrived here twice at dark and decided not to fish. It also can be a difficult spot to fish as there are about 3 or 4 staggered rock ledges. At low tide and low swell you can stand at the lowest point. But if the swells up you need to stand up higher and the chance of snagging is much higher. I see lots of rigs lost here while retrieving or trying to bottom bash.

It's also a hugely popular king spot in summer. It's not uncommon to arrive at 5am and find 4 guys already fishing with love bait caught elsewhere!

The spot is dangerous and if it is the one I think most of you are talking about many years ago their used to be a stake concreted in on the ledge as this was your last chance of help if you made it past the set that caught you off guard and the receding wash that would hit you even harder after it bounced of the slightly higher ledge behind you.