sydney salmon

Sydneyfisher12

yeh that's it plastics and hardbodys will work on them

Cheers sydneyfisher12

is there much kelp near the beach there? out the front of my place .. which is past the beach and next door to the first jetty south of it.. there is load of kelp.. keep stealing my flies , so i pretty much just practice my casting rather than fish, though i had a couple of decent bream follow and bump my fly as it came into view. im hoping some whiting on poppers this summer down there, seen a few lonstres following my fly too but not eating it *$#*&*!!

Hey jimmy72

One day when Seamus and I were playing with the kayak in the waves we saw you fly fishing with poppers

You looked like you have nearly mastered the art of fly fishing

Good luck on the fly

I'm on the hunt for a salmon on fly

Cheers thefisherman6784

yep that was me it was a little bit too late in the season for the whiting on poppers i think, but you gotta have a go hey? i'll be having a cast for them when it wars up a bit, thats if the king fish are not on, were you living there couple of years back they were along our shore on tiny slimies for a week or two... bad photo but cool mini slimies pushed right up against the wall, large school from your place to the sailing club

hectic hooking them in such shallow water in the moorings, landing them another thing all together

ps been fly fishing for over 15 years, i'm never going to master it, always learning - but the fish don't know that ;-)

sydfisher12 thats a decent sized fish indeed, think i have only seen one bigger in the flesh, hope i can pin a couple without leaving the back yard, decent whiting might end up straight onto our BBQ... if i remember some coins.. its a coin operated BBQ in the back yard would you believe lol

post-13694-0-00941500-1415053663_thumb.jpg

Edited by jimmy72