Solo Blackfishing success at the local

Sydneyfisher12

G'day raiders

After going out with Andrew (Ryder) on Sunday and getting a nice fish near my house I though I would take the left over weed and have a try myself

Tuesday

I got to the spot at 5:00pm on the last hour of the run out tide and started the burley the drift was way faster than on Sunday. It was also a much lower tide and it was a run out not in

On the second drift I got a good down but missed it but I was still happy to know that they were on the bite

I got a few more downs and then I hooked up it fought really well and I didn't have a net so I had to lift it in and I was only using 6lb leader but I got it in and it was really fat I put it into the keeper net it went 35cm and was round like a football.

I kept fishing and got plenty more downs but missed them all I think somebody with more experience would of got a lot more fish than me.

I packed up and headed home

Wednesday

I headed down again today with the Gianni (fisherman6784) we got there at 5:00pm and had the same tide but the wind was blowing against us at about 15kn which made things hard.

We quickly got a few downs some good ones too and then Gianni got a good down right at his feet and was on he first called it for a little fish but we netted it and it went 27cm on the dot and it was Gianni's first legal blackfish.

We fished for longer and I got some more good downs but then the tide went slack and the wind was blowing the floats back to us making fishing almost impossible. The tide started running again but the fish just went off the bite so we headed to our bream spot but also got nothing

It was great to get two fish one solo and one with my mate at my local spot.

I'd like to thank Andrew (Ryder) and Trevor (hawkesbass) for teaching me every thing I know about blackfishing. You guys have a lot of knowledge about fishing for them

Cheers sydneyfisher12

35cm

post-33466-0-43058100-1414571982_thumb.jpg

27cm

post-33466-0-65004200-1414572024_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sydneyfisher12

Thanks for the invite Seamus

It was a great day even with the wind

Stoked to get my first legal blackfish

Thanks so much to Andrew and Trevor

Great teachers, nearly to much info to remember

It's amazing how much I know now about this type of fish, still a lot to learn to be as good as you guys but I know what to do if I'm solo

Thanks again Seamus, Andrew and Trevor

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good work lads,

That's one of my regular haunts Ryder took you to so keep it quiet haha!!!! And hopefully your washing away the burley so there's no evidence and that way you keep the spot a secret and clean!!!!

Seems the blackfish are on!!!!

You might need the Cone of Silence like the one on Get Smart :)

Good work lads,

That's one of my regular haunts Ryder took you to so keep it quiet haha!!!! And hopefully your washing away the burley so there's no evidence and that way you keep the spot a secret and clean!!!!

Royce, Stewy and I were just discussing the prospect of you writing a book!

It could be called "The Secret Luderick Angling Spots in Sydney Harbour"

It would be one paragraph and no-one would buy it hehehehehe

Good work lads,

thanks mate I'll make sure I keep it clean and make sure I keep it quiet

Cheers sydneyfisher12