Great Sydney blackfish session

Sydneyfisher12

G'day raiders

Today me Gianni, Andrew and Royce headed down for a blackfish session at the local

I arrived at 6am and Andrew and Royce were already there and Gianni arrived about 1 hour later

We didn't get anything for a while but then Gianni got a great fish of 41cm

We moved to a different part and Gianni, Andrew and Royce got 6 fish and I got none

It slowed and I moved back to the spot Gianni pulled the 41 and first drift I was on it was about 32cm

It slowed for about 30mins and then we started to get a few fish then Andrew and Royce got a double hook up it quickly turned into a triple because Royce was using a double hook rig he hooked another fish on the same line and we got all 3 in we got fish after fish but Gianni got none he was getting downs but not hooking up I landed another two fish I lost count of how many Andrew and Royce caught it was hot for about an hour and then Royce finished off with a nice fish and I pulled the last hook.

All up for the day we caught 18 fish from 30-41cm

It was a great day and the best session I've had so far on the blackfish.

Thanks for all the great tips Royce and all the things you make are amazing.

I hope I can get down there again soon and have another great session

Cheers sydneyfisher12

post-33466-0-83469300-1415413904_thumb.jpg

Great report and well done again fellas! Good on Royce for showing you the way! At the rate you boys are learning, I think a few avatar names need changing!

Luderickfisher12

Breamking6784

What you think boys?

Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

It was a good session, and Seamus, you're well on your way too.

One of the bigger ones had a parasite worm.

It appeared as a distinct dark patch in the flesh when the fish was filleted.

Thanks Royce for the smoking demo, and sharing the delight of smoked Blackfish roe. YUM.

Top report Gianni, what bait were you using weed or cabbage, ? Were you still catching them an hour after the top when the 1.9m tide started to motor.?

I noted today you would have had 2 hours of the run up till high tide, is this when most of your fish were caught.? Also what depth were you fishing.?

and was the burley effective on the run out with movement of water or was it taking the fish away from where you were fishing.? Sometimes in these circumstances

it pays to stop burleying. Days like you have had today excite most darkie anglers, savour the day as tomorrow you can fish the same spot at the same tide and they will be gone.

Howsy

We were using weed not cabbage

We got fish on both sides of the tide

I'm not sure if the exact depth but we changed as the tide got higher or lower and depending how deep the spot was

We didn't need much burley once the fish were on the bite and we didn't want to burley them away as you said

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Just wondering, in the pic some of the fish seem to have a more green/gold colour around the cheeks (e.g. the four fish on the left of the bottom mat), where as others seem darker (e.g. middle left and bottom right). Is that different sexes?

Just wondering, in the pic some of the fish seem to have a more green/gold colour around the cheeks (e.g. the four fish on the left of the bottom mat), where as others seem darker (e.g. middle left and bottom right). Is that different sexes?

I've been told that the lighter fish hang over sandy bottom and the darker fish hang around rock and kelp bottom.

Cheers sydneyfisher12