Brisbane Water 8-9/11/14

Belligero

Hi All,

Headed out both Saturday & Sunday for a few hours each day from Woy Woy. Only managed a few hours of fishing before the wind really picked up.

On saturday the missus pulled up a 50cm flattie and on Sunday the old man picked up a 68cm flattie.

Both were taken on fresh mullet around the rip bridge.

Also picked up plenty of small to mid sized pinkies & an eel.

Cheers.

post-24014-0-59845000-1415569786_thumb.jpg

post-24014-0-35080700-1415569799_thumb.jpg

Majority of my fishing is done is Brissy waters, and the different types of fish you can get in there is awesome. Especially under the rip bridge.

Some good holes in there that just hold good, big fish. But it's called 'Rip Bridge' for a reason.

Trying to find a time when the water isn't flying too hard to do. Bu if you can do it you'll have a lot of fun.

Nice flatties mate, they look mighty tasty frying in that pan..... :D

When you say frwsh mullet do you mean strips or chunks or?

Both. I use a snell setup for strips and just your normal hooks for chunks.

Majority of my fishing is done is Brissy waters, and the different types of fish you can get in there is awesome. Especially under the rip bridge.

Some good holes in there that just hold good, big fish. But it's called 'Rip Bridge' for a reason.

Trying to find a time when the water isn't flying too hard to do. Bu if you can do it you'll have a lot of fun.

Nice flatties mate, they look mighty tasty frying in that pan..... :D

Basically all of my fishing is done in BW just about every weekend. I don't mind the rip but it's a bit of a hit and miss depending on the day. Sometimes it's too busy with boats or there is just too much current and weed. Billions of squid around the rip on Saturday also.

There was a bloke with a newish tinny with I think a 40hp on the back going under the bridge on Saturday when the water was at it's full strength. This boat was literally just sitting there with the motor going WOT.

Not sure why the guy was trying to go directly in the middle of the bridge as that seems to be the strongest rip.

If you see me out come say Hello =)