Thoughts about evolution Boats

bull dolly

Hi fellas

My Dad and I are looking for a new boat around 6.5 meters and under 2.8 tons loaded on the trailer and hieght on trailer below 2.6m, it will be used mainly for gamefishing and in the harbour for kings and the like. From the list I have created below the price range is at the upper end so suggestions are more than welcome . I've looked at the haines hunter 650r ltd nice boat but with 230 litres on board i dont think it is enough for a big day off shore. The haines hunter 625 Offshore has much better fuel capacity and too is attractive, but from what ive heard Haines hunter have had a few issues in regard with quality lately. Next is a cruise craft 625 explorer awesome boat and fished on its bigger brother but there a few things im not too keen on, for example the cabin is all open and not lockable, fuel capaticy and they don't sound as solid as other glass boats i have fished on, but quality of finish is pretty good. Finally is the evolution 600 apex extreme, with 320 litres and a lockable door enough room to put separate electronics and comes with a foldable hard top and a massive beam and dive door, this is by far the most attractable boat to us at this stage.

I'd just appreciate your thoughts and suggestions on what other boats to look at and considerations to make. I'm a fiberglass man and aluminium is kinda out of the story aka bar crushers and the like.

Cheers

Bull dolly

Edited by bull dolly

bull dolly, YES the evolution boats are pretty good and so are the cruise craft , But as for the Haines hunter are they not more expensive, What I have noticed with cruise craft is some of details on inside of the boat , I think if you were to go for one of these boats you would really have to do your homework in regard's to extras and the detail on the inside of the boat I seen them at the boat show a couple years ago and I was shocked at what I seen I though they would be a lot more detailed with the finishes ,But then I have seen others in books and they look good , I think its up to the dealer and how much they know about the product, As for the evolution boats all I can say is that I have only seen them on TV but they look impressive, Take your time get it wright and if you go ahead with it wright down everything like extras , costs, etc. Ask what you get for a standard boat then see what the extras cost , Then go to another dealer and do they same I bet you they will be different make sure its written down, and if its not write don't except it , Remember its your money so take your time don't get caught up in new boat excitement Good luck.

Thank you very much Chocolate really appreciate you advice. We are taking our time working out the extras its been a few years in the planning and now are begining to narrow down to the key points, I'd also like to head down to the factory if possibkle and have a chat to the boat builder paul at the boatshow seems likea top bloke and get ideas from him aswell,and see if you can buy direct from him.

Hey mate, wish i was in your shoes!!

Cruise craft have a 595 outsider with a lockable cabin. Enough room to sleep. Enough room to fish at the back. Can also walk around to the bow. Bit smaller than what you are after but something to consider. Think their tanks are 220L plus.

You have the signature 602 which you can get a lockable cabin. There is also a new signature 650 in the market. I have seen it in person, they look quite nice and heaps of room for fishing. Cant remember if it has a lockable cabin, but think you can get it.

The evo boats are good, ive seen them in person too. I personally dont like them that much. But personal opinion. If you do a search on evolution boat problems im sure you will read a horror story. But these guys fixed it all up from what I remember. But then again not everything comes out perfect. Im not bashing any brands here :)

Thanks Locodave

yeah have to say but forgot to mention the 595 cruisecraft, its a tidy boat, and is in consideration. i havent explored the signatures that much. Just had a look at the 650 and wow looks sensational. Thanks for the suggestion because i would have previously not chosen or even thought about a signiture.

cheers Bulldolly

Fished from the evo 552 gold for the last 4 years. Can highly recommend this model and at this size i wouldn't go past it, handles the chop perfectly and has taken us further than a boat that size ever should (has been driven hard as well). Having said this, when you are looking at 6m+ there is alot of competition from the other rigs you have mentioned, especially when the dollars come to mind!

Good luck.