New to Umina Beach...

ornz

Hey Raiders, Ive just moved over to Umina beach and not really fished around there at all.

I was wondering if anyone has some good land based (to take the little one) and Kayaking spots for myself. Also any idea if there are any land based squid locations as my little man is quite inquisitive at the moment and loves the old squid.

Any tips / Baits / Targets etc would be handy.

Cheers,

Chris

I would try Avoca Lagoon in the late afternoon early morning for bream and flathead. Also some monster salmon can be caught here. As it's closed off from the beach it's not tidal. I would try right up at the mouth where it meets the Avoca Beach.

The lagoon is also perfect for a Karak & kids.

In regards to squid I would try Ettalong, If you park at the end of Mareela Ave (Street after Andersons Boat Hire) You can walk straight onto the sand flats. At the end of the flats should be some squid in the channel.

You need to go on a run out tide close to low tide as the flats get covered pretty quick.

This spot is also great for whiting and flathead. I go here to catch nippers which is great fun and really good bait.

Cheers.