It's been a while.

bangus

Good day raiders, it's team Bangus here it's been a while. Sorry while, I mean lets say a few years... Where has the Father and Son team been? Well me and my Father have been out and about well too busy Fishing, over these few years with out a post we have been up and down the coast chasing the pinnacle LBG Fish from Marlin to Tuna just to keep you up dated with what's been going on. Very well, lets not get too drifted away.

It was 2 months ago... After having a chilly Winter I thought it would be great to be back on the Rocks again, knowing that September is a great time to chase Luderick off the Rocks considering there is no Pelagics to chase off the Rocks during this time. Pack with the Luderick gear and off we went! With tide coming in at the time of arrival perfect! As I scramble along the Rocks with the sound of my cleats click and clack on the Rocks like Horse shoes, smelling the salt of the sea, I black out and think of all the best memories and forget about the worst left at home... Most definitely my type of tranquility, I open my eyes and get back to reality. The green weed long and thick perfect stuff! First bait was in the water start burleying, very quiet start after a while of persisting and burleying finally I see the tip of my float slowly sink underwater in a quick flick of the rod and the slack going straight bang! "I'm on!" taking my time with the wave the first Fish of the day was landed nice little specimen. Soon it starts to heat up, my Father on as well and lands a smashing 40cm+ specimen after a 1 Hour and 30 mins the bite slows down 10 Luderick in the bag. Southerly comes through and the Water is getting a bit crazy... One last bite on my Fathers float and he is on! "Last one Dad." me being completely inpatient urging him to just crank the Fish in in and get it done, my Father having to think correctly and take his time. Though me watching his back with scary freak waves absolutely smashing us finally after getting smashed with waves and showered on it was landed with the wash of the wave "No way that is a Luderick." at first I was confused for a great sized Drummer then I saw the stripes I was stocked this Fish is a stonker! Out went the brag mat and our eyes expressed the shock. 49.5 smashing centimeters of pure Luderick absolutely unbelievable! Dissapointing though, just 5 millimeters to 50cm! Beating my personal record of 45cm. We thought never in our life we would see a Luderick this size ever again, and we would hate to see this Fish die, considering a Luderick over the size of 40cm taste horrible too. Few quick snapshots and back in the water did the beautiful specimen went, a great day with 11 Luderick gear was packed and back for the drive home. Bring on the Season!

Cheers Team Bangus.

post-10205-0-45358700-1415786967_thumb.jpg

post-10205-0-27546900-1415786977_thumb.jpg

post-10205-0-34814000-1415786990_thumb.jpg

Edited by bangus

That's a great fish.

Well done to your Dad, if he's a Raider, it could be the new mark to beat.

I like the alvey tcs and Wilson combo, that's mine. So I'm guessing only a matter of time. Haha

Great work.

Cheers mate, he actually is. After all he is the original creator of the Profile be both operate on. Yeah it sure is a great combo though I personally I don't like it haha. I hate the softness and the length in the Wilson Rod, it's more preferred for Rivers, I use a custom made 12ft with a bit more stiffness almost more like a medium taper but softer for more lifting power off the Rocks and I use a 475A5E I hate drags on Luderick reels I like to feed line easier I like to keep it original too aha.

Yes I would submit that fish - it has smashed the present record for sure

Cmon folks who will get that mythical 50 cm one :clapping:

Yeah sure I wouldn't mind submitting the Fish up.

Edited by bangus

Nice fish there! Just a side note on big fish it looks as if we will see a run of bigger fish this year I have kept records and notice 92/93 then 04/05 and last year produced exceptional runs in numbers and size around late spring summer it seems there is a pattern and this coming season is showing that! It was 1992 as a 17 year old I took my biggest fish at 5lb on the scales never got a length but had to cradle the big fish like a newborn baby to pick it up!

Edited by luderick -angler

Nice fish there! Just a side note on big fish it looks as if we will see a run of bigger fish this year I have kept records and notice 92/93 then 04/05 and last year produced exceptional runs in numbers and size around late spring summer it seems there is a pattern and this coming season is showing that! It was 1992 as a 17 year old I took my biggest fish at 5lb on the scales never got a length but had to cradle the big fish like a newborn baby to pick it up!

Little do I take notes of big fish during the seasons, though I do realise that the first few weeks of September are really thick with 40cm+ specimens. I think it may just be because the big breeders are just coming out of the Rivers, though our spot is very consistent with very much whole season getting mixed sizes.

How has our Luderick record just been beaten for the 3rd time in the last 30 days?

Amazing fish! Well done to both of you!

Was thinking the same thing...

There certainly seems to be a lot of weed around in the Parramatta River at least but surely they didn't all just put on extra length and weight this season?