entering gps coordinants into fish finder

reese

hi there

i am new to the fishing finders and have been learning to read mine, i have a humming bird 757c with gps, seems great with plenty of featurs.

my question is can i enter coordinantes in (like and address)? i can save locations and next time click the location and it will direct me to the location.

for example i am going to Jervis Bay end of January for a trip with my family, and i have found gps marks of different grounds which is great but i have no clue on what direction to head -

dose someone have a link to a map that you can enter gps coordinantes and it shows you on a map (just so i can get a general idea and direction) i have search and played on many sites and each time it say location dose not exsist.

any help or direct would be amazing

thanks Reese

I'm not actually familiar with your unit , did it not come with an instruction manual , if not have a look through this ,

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/73493/Humminbird-757c.html#manual

What type od GPS card does it have , the most common is Navionics Gold. If no card then it may not work. Cards cost around $400

Have you tried pressing the menue button , if so there should be an option to add "Wayward Points"

It is not absolutly necessary to actually add the W.P . The screen should show your current position then just travel in a direction to the GPS coordants you wish to visit

Geoff

yeah i have had a read of that twice, and i can add way point, on my unit i have a butting soon as i press it it will save the way point, i am unsure about manually adding a way point i think i will have to play some moreand drill into more.