Sand stake to tie up boat

locodave

I am looking for something to carry for when I beach the boat. Normally I have the anchor at the front and the bow towards the sand. When I pull up to a sand island, sometimes there is nothing to tie a rope to. I remember once in BIG W seeing something that would do the job but never bought it.

What should I be looking for? What is it called?

Looked like it had a spiral that went into the sand.

Make one yourself, I made one out of pvc pipe for when I beach mine on the sandflats to pump yabbies and while waiting for the trailer on the ramp.

Works a treat.

I'll post a photo tonight after work.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I8730T using Tapatalk

what about a tent peg for sand from a camping shop or post from a sand or beach umbrella?

Always remember to point the front of the boat away from land making it easier to push it back out if tide goes out quicker then expected.

Brett

Make one yourself, I made one out of pvc pipe for when I beach mine on the sandflats to pump yabbies and while waiting for the trailer on the ramp.

Works a treat.

I'll post a photo tonight after work.

Cheers.

here's the photo for anyone intrested.

Cheers.

post-20199-14168323502178_thumb.jpg

ill give that ago better than paying $110 of the sand spike kit

For that price it better be made out of gold.

There's plenty of materials lying around people normally hoard that you can use.

Gal pipe, angle iron, star pickets etc, etc.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Well I bought the sand spike, I know its expensive, but it looked good... but performs great! I would recommend it! with your 530 cruisecraft would be fine with the small size!, if you are concerned you can get the bigger size!

With my heavy glass boat I used to have (17' Seafarer Venturer) I used to just put the anchor down and kick it into the sand and as I had about 5m of chain attached that boat never went anywhere.

I dont see the point in making or buying anything special when the sand anchor works perfectly for the job???