Brisbane waters

brecko90

G'day everyone, the Stars have aligned between work,golf and girlfriend commitments and I'm heading out for a fish with my brother Friday arvo and into Saturday.

We are going to Brisbane waters for the first time, as the Hawkesbury has been producing donuts of late!

We have all the gear and some idea, but we are lacking in the bait department so just hoping someone can shed some info on catching fresh bait I.e prawns, yabbies, squid, yakkas anything really.

Sounds like some decent reports, where abouts do the squid hang out? Just over weed beds??

They are everywhere. But I have found more around the rail bridge at woy woy close to the leases.

Also if you do the drift from the rip bridge in either direction should produce. I would do it at top of the tide or bottom. Anywhere in between and the current is too strong.

There's a couple of spots in Paddy's Channel where the squid hangout.......

There a 'submarine cable' sign thingy towards the end of the channel I seemed to always find a few (but getting them in the boat is a little harder). Or just do a couple of drifts up and down and see what you find.

But in saying that it's been a while since I've been there (renovating the backyard seems to be taking up all my time!! :().

Good luck in there mate, there's some good fish if you can find the right spot........