Jibbon/Hacking Sat 29

AI fella

My mate and I had the kayaks in at Bonnievale at 4.30am and headed towards Jibbon point,of late Ive managed some good size tailor at Costens Point all my fish of late have been trolled up on a Killalure 2 Deadly popper nothing has been grabbing any lures down deeper,just past the moorings at Jibbon picked up a very small and stinky pike which is not welcome on my yak! another 100m further out got a massive slimy easy 30cm but in the wee hours hadn't packed any live bait gear so he goes back too :( .We had done about 5 laps out around the Bombie and back into Jibbon when we met up this time just inside the bombie for a chat…..my popper was rigged on my lighter gear 12lb with 20lb leader and as we paddled around the north side of the reef WHACK!! yep good King fight the mongrel and in the clear water could see him trying to lie on his side near the bottom …he wouldn't move and my bream rod was not happy i managed to turn him and he comes straight up then heads sharp left at speed and twang!!! there goes the leader!!! :mad3: bugger!!! stoked to have a great blue with a good fish of the Kayak and will leave the bream gear at home from now lol and definitely won't spool up with Aldi braid :nono: …….once the sun got up everything went quiet so we went home very happy , summer is looking awesome for the Hacking and beyond this year, lets hope we can get amongst some good fish.

Cheers

lol, yeah I love it there! not as hairy as out the back of Merries Reef though!!, you'll be seeing a few of us out there this summer,actually want to get out wide off Garie when the Dollies are going off………when fully rigged my kayak turns into a tri-maran so I get moving with a nice 12knt breeze :) ,safety is paramount though and I don't go there unless conditions are sweet, we can certainly get to some good water in the yaks :)