San Souci whiting

fiveflies

Hi Raiders,

Managed to sneak out this afternoon on the pretence of taking my daughter to the beach! I've been targeting Blackfish lately and loving the challenge but thought we could pump a few yabbies then I could fish the shallows while my daughter played on the beach.

Pumped about 20 yabbies and then proceeded to cast out and slowly retrieve. Immediately got hits and managed three undersize flatties, two undersize flounder and two whiting. One undersize but the other one my first ever legal whiting at 35cm. I was stoked, it put up a nice little fight and I slowly walked it to the beach, only sighting it in the last couple of metres.

I was panicking that I'd lose it as I was bringing it in but it was well hooked.

A great two hours spent with my daughter and catching fish!post-34651-14176796340234_thumb.jpgpost-34651-14176796465151_thumb.jpg

You cannot start them early enough, Kids just love fishing but you have to keep them active whilst they are at it. Getting bait is great, watching caught fish in a big bucket helps to while the time away etc.

I am getting my 2 YO Grand Daughter an outfit for Christmas. What is the Pink Princess? Sounds ideal as she loves Pink.

Cheers

Paikea

Paikea, I bought it in the tackle shop, the rod is ok, reel was rubbish so have put one of mine on it. There are lots of cheap ones with gimmicky cartoon pics on them, but this rod is reasonable quality and has landed her a few tiny snapper!!

Edited by fiveflies

Looks like a great day to be out with the little one. As for rods with children, I have 4 kids and take them all the time. The kmart specials don't cut it at all, so when Bcf have the special with the pro series and sienna reels, I just bought 8 of them. At least there a chance of landing a fish!

Your daughter looks like she had a great day out with dad! Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!