weekend to come

Belligero

Who is planning on heading out onto the water this weekend?
The conditions look horrid with a 4m swell. Only early in the week however at the moment it doesn't look good.
We have our last club comp on this weekend so need to make an effort! Inshore fishing this weekend I think! =(

post-24014-0-42382100-1418101389_thumb.png

Yep... the Friday trip is off.

I was looking forward to rectifying my poor performances of late and stocking the

freezer with some vac packed kingfish!

Looking a bit sad in the freezer department too... no "in possession" limits in danger there I can tell you!

Better weather coming boys!

I was hoping to take the boat out of Broken Bay tomorrow or Friday. (Finally got time - having just lost my job... :() Not even sure I want to chance it tomorrow, now. :( Getting fussy in my old age, I guess!

Baz

Today is fine till around 1pm then the wind kicks up. But I wouldn't be going out further than box head just in case the wind kicks up earlier. Will would uncomfortable today with the swell

On the way to work now and the water looks so flat and peaceful over brisbane water. I doubt it will look like this on the way home.

I was hoping to take the boat out of Broken Bay tomorrow or Friday. (Finally got time - having just lost my job... :() Not even sure I want to chance it tomorrow, now. :( Getting fussy in my old age, I guess!

Baz

Not so good on the job front... not too much of a drama I hope.

Today is fine till around 1pm then the wind kicks up. But I wouldn't be going out further than box head just in case the wind kicks up earlier. Will would uncomfortable today with the swell

On the way to work now and the water looks so flat and peaceful over brisbane water. I doubt it will look like this on the way home.

Yeah, a few weeks ago I headed out of Sydney Heads, not expecting a change till around 2pm. I picked up a kingy off Manly about 11:00 and turned around to troll back and a 20 knot southerly hit - that was a wild old trip home! When you're an hour or so's drive home from the boat ramp, I tend not to fish those shorter sessions - too much trouble! (Fussy in my old age! ;))

Not so good on the job front... not too much of a drama I hope.

Yeah, that was a bit of a shock... 2 weeks pay in lieu of notice, just before Christmas. Not happy. Hard to find a new job at 54! Still, things happen for a reason and it might be a good thing in the long run... if it comes to the pinch, we can always sell our Sydney home and bring forward our plan to move to Port Stephens by 5 or 6 years! The wife said I could sell the boat... yeah , right!

Baz

I was prepared to write the weekend off for fishing but Sunday was pretty nice. Got the mowing done and headed off in the arvo. The swell was a bit much on the beach so I headed for the harbour but everywhere was packed. Ended up at Cliftons (bring the chequebook for parking.. grr) but failed to get anything other than a undersize pinkie and some yakkas. Other guys were pulling in 30cm+ trevally though.

Good to hear the weather was still bad Jeff! The mrs was staring at me Sunday morning while we looked outside to no wind and beautiful skies asking why we weren't in Port Stephens? I was preying for crap weather after we cancelled our weekend away!