North coast locations

Camo1808

Hi all I just got back yesterday from a 5 day trip down south to lake conjola..... (what an awrsome place. Definitely should be on everyones lists). Me and my best mate love getting away on our camping/fishing trips.

We are already planning our next trip. We are going to head north.

We need your help.

Can anyone let us know where is good to go on the nsw mid north coast or even far north. We need camp sites on the water. We will be in kayaks so need good fishing not tooo far of a row haha. Going to be chasing flathead, bream, whiting and even some good beach or breakwall fishing.

All advice great or small is appreciated. Thanks

Haha havent met you before scratchie but ive noticed your a bit of a fan of port Stephens ;) and were after something a few more hours north. Cheers but

That's because I live here champ! SWR or coffs would be my pick!

Or even port Macquarie! The Hastings river is great to yak and then there's the Maria river to chase bass or ep! Have done that a few times!

Mate,

Have a look at North Haven and Laurieton on the Camden Haven River. Its about 4 hours north of Sydney. North haven has one camping ground / caravan park on Stingray Creek where you can camp next to the water making for easy access for your kayaks. There is the Camden Haven River, Stingray Creek leading into Queens lake as well as Googleys lagoon to explore in the kayaks. You are all but guaranteed to catch plenty of fish during the summer months up there.

There is also great beach and shore based river fishing . North Haven also has a great bowling club and plenty for places to eat out and it is only a short walk into Laurieton for the pub and RSL

cheers

Bob

I would say Forster.

Plenty of bream & flat head & an easy paddle around the bridge and you can be dolphin watching at the same time.

I usually stay in Cabins but the place I stay (Lanis holiday Island) has a camping area that is actually an island with its own boat ramp, the place should suit you guys.

Brett