Hawkesburuy sunday 14-12-14

Guest stephanb79

Guest stephanb79

]Hey guys

Took the family out on Sunday for fish so off we went to find some flatties so we went to my spot in the hawkesbury where I have a 100% strike rate lol .

got to the ramp around 10.30am and headed off to the spot and set the kids rods loaded them up with bait and sent them on there way , once again I got the plastics out and away we went 15 mins latter im on just went under size 35.5 cm then my 5 year old son was telling me dad I have a fish I look at his rod and told me no but he said I do dad look and there it was a 38cm I grabbed the net and got him that was my sons first legal fish well done son !!!

Now after 1hr I got heaps on plastics one went legal and then my son tell me dad I have a fish so I said ok bring it up mate and then bag I seen a big mud crab as soon a I grabbed the net it let go DAMM !!! then my wife is screaming I have a fish and the rod was bent and she was giving it to it , I told her to slow down and all of a sudden the was the monster 58cm PB for the wife so the two other girls were like wow mum you can fish lol ,

Spent about another 1hr looking for some more but no luck my two girls were abit up set but cause they didn't catch a fish but they had a good time and can't wait to go again.

We ended up with 4 flatties and called it a day !!!

We home and made beer batter for the fish and as soon I Finished frying and taken the photo and I went to clean up the kids and the wife clean up all the fish and said dad that was so yummy when can we go again !!!!!! I didnt even get a chance to try a piece!!!!!

Here is some picsb7c6b94a051a986b8f8b70876ba63dac.jpg

0d6824d54cdbae4d10ffb30c9da50996.jpg

35f258da353d995106e549bdc1e961fc.jpg

Edited by stephanb79

Well done Stephanb79 to you and your crew

Its been a while since I have fished the river and when I have, I fished it probably more towards Lion Island.

The area I have fished in the past with some regulatory is between Brisk Bay easterner end and the back of Lion Island I refer to this area as the wall because of the cliffs that bound the northern shore line. over the last 20 years or so I have caught some of extremely large bream at different times of the year mainly in the cooler months along this wall.

I apologise for wandering off on your story line..... Its just every time I see anything about fishing the Hawkesbury or Brisbane Waters it bring back a lot of memories of a fishing this area for more time than I care to remember.

The whole of the Hawkesbury system is a great place to fish we are very lucky to live on this part of the East
Cost and Australia for that matter.

woywoycol

Ps I still fish up in Paddies a lot but the bream are not as big but they taste better.

Guest stephanb79

Very nice flatties there mate I've got to get up there and have a go at them soon

Cheers sydneyfisher12

yeah man have to give it ago !!!

Guest stephanb79

Well done Stephanb79 to you and your crew

Its been a while since I have fished the river and when I have, I fished it probably more towards Lion Island.

The area I have fished in the past with some regulatory is between Brisk Bay easterner end and the back of Lion Island I refer to this area as the wall because of the cliffs that bound the northern shore line. over the last 20 years or so I have caught some of extremely large bream at different times of the year mainly in the cooler months along this wall.

I apologise for wandering off on your story line..... Its just every time I see anything about fishing the Hawkesbury or Brisbane Waters it bring back a lot of memories of a fishing this area for more time than I care to remember.

The whole of the Hawkesbury system is a great place to fish we are very lucky to live on this part of the East

Cost and Australia for that matter.

woywoycol

Ps I still fish up in Paddies a lot but the bream are not as big but they taste better.

You know what your right it is a very nice place it takes me an hour to get there or to the hacking so I just go to the hawkesbury can go wrong !!!!!

I head up to spencer for the flatties very nice up there love it