Very quiet off sydney today!

mike2153

After a mate saying they want to go for a bottom

Bash (which I never do) I was more than happy to take them

Out.

Got a text at 4am saying there not coming anymore, good start.

So since the rods were already loaded for bottom bashing I decided to he a go and see if I can get some fish for Xmas lunch.

Headed out about 6am and tried the fad and some traps for dollies nothing there.

So onto the bottom fishing at dee why wide, long reef wide, mugs. And various other marks around those locations. All

Coming up with nothing, well except a nice snapper which spat the hook boat side and a some bakers.

The water was green and only 20 degrees with no current what so ever and no wind to push you along either.

It's hard bottom fishing when there's no current let me tell ya.

I haven't been out and it's been that quiet for a long time. Spoke

To a few boys chasing kings and they hadn't had any luck either.

As they say no run no fun!

It seems to be a strange season with different report from all over place, I want to go out after the 2nd jan due to work I can not go now , But its interesting with reports like this which give you an indication on what's out there and what's happing.

It's been quote a good summer season so far except for today, a few weeks ago the current was moving nicely, the water was blue and be temps were up, oh also there were plenty of jellyfish in the water today which generally go hand in hand with terrible king sessions I've found!