Garmin echomap 70s touch combo

brendon19

Is the garmin echomap 70s touch combo a good fishfinder/gps? There on sale at the moment for $849 RRP is $1200 from a well know boating and camping store And i am in the market for a decent combo unit for the new boat not really looking to spend any more than $850 even this is streching the budget.

I have the 70 dv

Used it for the first time today in partnership with my old Garmin 178c . I was very impressed with it .

Hi Numbnuts, Funny you mention the Garmin 178c. I bought my boat in from the US 2 years ago and it had 2 of the 178c units already although one was being used as just a GPS. I replaced the first one and the other one while a good shallow water sounder has lost connection to the GPS antenna so was looking to upgrade to something with an internal antenna. If you're interested I'd be happy to give you the head unit and once I slip the boat in the next 2 months the other unit and transducer and maybe the antenna if I cant remove them intact as they seem to not be compatible with the current transducers without adaptors worth almost as much as the unit itself.