Canal mullet and bream

Sydney_fisho

It's my first post, so here goes

Went to the local canal with Gianni, my 3rd time fishing with him

We first done abit if bream and flatty flicking. Gianni got an average 40cm flatty before I got there and after when I got there we moved along the canal to find some bream, not too much good results on lures so we chucked abit of bread out on the surface, and sure thing, the bream starting boofing the bread so we got our hooks out and Gianni was onto the first bream of around 25cm, after than cory (my little brother) got a bream of around 23cm than nothing happened for a while we went to go flicking again with plastics with only some hits but no hook ups, we came back to the bread and bream was going crazy for it, I put a hook on again and straight away hooked up to a good 32cm bream which pulled hard on my 1-2kg nextino

No luck on bream after that so we went to le montage and saw some garfish cruising around, we only got a very small one which Gianni took home to use as bait for kings, me and Gianni wandered off flicking plastics and bread, no luck but Cory and this other older guy we met apparently saw a 50cm+ bream cursing around eating bread!!!!

I wasn't sure to believe them as I've only seen very few caught up to 50cm.

We moved back to the canal and saw mullet cursing around, big ones and big schools, we decided to use tiny plastics and flies to try and tempt them, I got 2 mullet around the 40-45cm and Gianni lost 2 and Cory lost a 50cm +

After that we where exaughsted so we went home

Nice day out on the bay and canal

Cheers sydney_fisho

Edited by Sydney_fisho