Brissy Waters haul, Saturday.

golf_fish

Finally got a chance to get the rods out of cobwebs and wet them. So we went to my favorite place (with a couple of guys that had never fished here before)and this was the end result.

The 2 big flatties came in at 60 and 61cm, and the big bream came in at a stonking 38cm. They make the others look tiny!!

All the bream and 2 of the flatties (including the 60cm) were caught on the eastern side of the rip bridge.

The rest were caught whilst drifting down Paddy's.

(And lost another 3 mid 50cm flatties at the boat with ordinary net working!! ;) )

enough there to easily feed 10 adults and 4 kids.

and now back to renovating and other house work!!

post-34351-0-48368200-1419714276_thumb.jpg

Good catch mate, my brother and i drifted the rip bridge and the channel last sat with plastics and hawkesbury prawns for a ton of undersize snapper, where u using bait or Sp's?

Bit of both mate to be honest.

Around the bridge I never drift. Anchor up in the middle of a deep hole and hope the water doesn't run to hard. But I've only ever used bait around there as well. Prawns, pillies, and my favorite chunks of chicken always bring some fish. There is a heap of little fish around but there is a lot of big things down there too.

Down Paddys though on the drift. I'll just throw out on SP and let it hang behind the boat doing it's own thing. With the drag set very low so if something does grab it whilst I'm not paying attention I'll hear the line dragging off.

But I'll also just drift down there with a chunk of chicken lightly weighed as well.

It really helps to burley up in there though. I find I don't go very well without my special burley mix! ;)

That's good fishing, especially with the holiday crowds!

Yea Jenno, the holiday fishos were certainly out in force.

They generally don't bother me to much cause they are never near the locations I like to go.

I do sometimes feel sorry for them though when they spend hours in one spot catching nothing and look over at us bringing in fish every second cast hahaha.

If only they knew how to read a depth sounder....... ;)