fishing brooklyn

Ojay Samson

i'll keep it simple.

> headed out to brooklyn yesterday, arrived there at 930am with 3 other friends.
> hired a boat for 6 hours and bought hawks prawns, squid & pillies

> putted around till decided on 1st spot, 1 of my friends caught his first jewie within 5 minutes of soaking line on squid strip, and was the first fish to be landed

> was only about 40ish cm so quick photo and back it went (photo is on his phone).

> next fish was on one of my rods with a hawsk prawn for bait. nice fat bream was pulled in.

>this process happened 5 more times for me with the fish ranging from 32cm to 28cm, with only 1 undersize throwback breamat 22cm, and also 1 average size eel.

> other mate caught the 2nd biggest bream for the day using my lent rod and while my rod was out of the water due to hook retrieval from a previously landed bream (jokingly claiming at the time that fish was suppose to also be mine but my rod was out of the water for 5 minutes and he got lucky haha).

> 2nd mate caught 1 keeper flatty, eels and catfish eels

> 3th mate caught eels and catfish and the intial jewie

>moved around some more after the intial spot and success once it died to no joy. the rest of the day we were catching stinky catfish eels, we would have all caught between 2-4 each.

> also caught 3 common eels, with 2 released and 1 big one being kept.

> all in all a good day, and we were all buggered at the end ..the sun took its toll even with a bimini.

>also managed to catch a steel scaffolding girder using the anchor, took 3 of us to heave the anchor up to the boat just enough so we could see what it was and release the anchor from the girder. this thing was longer than the boat itself.

> off the water by 4 and driving home by 430.

>i donated 2 breams, 1 for each friend who went without one and walked away with 3 for my parents.

> something to note, we were all very impressed with how fat and conditioned the bream are in the hawks compared to the ones in sydney. the ones caught in botany bay and harbour all seem malnourished in comparison. very impressed with how hard they pull, pound for pound they seem much stronger in the hawks, powerful little nuggets.

Cheers all, pics for your viewing pleasure.

post-13877-0-59500100-1419913608_thumb.jpg
post-13877-0-51977800-1419913666_thumb.jpg

post-13877-0-72751700-1419913626_thumb.jpg

post-13877-0-61494200-1419913598_thumb.jpg