Kings at night?

Nuttynatty

Hi All

Just curious at to whether Kings bite at night?

Caught a heap today in the Hacking this morning after never having fished for them before.

Boat traffic was pretty bad and thought maybe they could be targeted at night?

Cheers in advance for any advice.

Have only ever heard of a very few being caught at night. I do know a few spots at night where they school up in Sydney Harbour

HOWEVER its "Commonwealth' land, and the fines are strict (BRING YOUR PLATINUM CARD), and they don't hesitate in dishing them out freely! Even if you do happen to get in their, good luck landing one as the structure is absolutely suited to their survival. So YES they do 'occasionally" feed at night, but you have to be lucky.

Dan

Thanks guys for the reply.

Hi Overdraft , I Caught 20 of them all around 65cm, all released. couldn't imagine what a 1m fish would do.

Ive pulled tonnes of big jews well over 1m and the like but never have I felt a fish pull with as much muscle as they did,

got smoked a number of times by bigger ones.

Im still blown away that such a fish with so much pull exists.

I just hated the boat traffic.

Hi Nuttynatty, I've fished in the Hacking for years (Mainly onshore) and have recently bought a boat and my sons driving me nuts about catching a kingfish. I,ve had a couple of attempts around Lilli Pilli and near Maiainbar at different times of the day with no luck. I see you landed 20 so any tips on Kings or Jews for that matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers