Oyster leases in Botany Bay?

Sydney_fisho

Hey Sydney_fisho,

I believe that most of the oyster leases in Botany Bay are down around Towra Point and Woolware Bay. I'm not sure of specific locations but from what i'm told, they are located in this general area. When I drive along Captain Cook Drive there is some sort of fresh oyster business there which backs onto Woolware Bay, but i'm not sure if you can fish it.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

Edited by FishingGuy

The oyster leases are in Woolooware Bay. Up the back on the southern side and eastern side. Very shallow and you can get there without too many issues but be careful as there are also some disused racks along the northern edge which are not clear and can be a navigation risk.

Bream and flathead as well as whiting available. Blue Swimmers also at times but no traps permitted, only line fishing for crabs permitted I believe.

Pete

Hey Sydney_fisho,

I believe that most of the oyster leases in Botany Bay are down around Towra Point and Woolware Bay. I'm not sure of specific locations but from what i'm told, they are located in this general area. When I drive along Captain Cook Drive there is some sort of fresh oyster business there which backs onto Woolware Bay, but i'm not sure if you can fish it.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

FYI Towra point inlet is an exclusion zone!

Woolooware Bay is indeed where you will find oyster leases. They dont fish anywhere near as good as they used to when the whole bay was full of racks. As Fish53 says your best bet is right down the back

The map Katoe put up shows that it is part of the aquatic reserve the regulation reads :-

Taking, gathering, destroying, injuring or interfering with any fish or marine vegetation (whether dead or alive), other than taking fish using hand held lines or lawful recreational nets from that part of Towra Point Aquatic Reserve referred to as the refuge zone shown in Schedule 2.
I don't set my pots down there so it doesn't bother me much but there is no specific reference to invertebrates and it says you can use nets. I'd like to see their interpretation cause i reckon from the above description you can drop crab pots.
Dave