FISHING NAROOMA

GaryO

Hi all

I have a trip planned for Norooma in early March , I have never been there before so I was wondering if anyone has any advice on locations and species caught there that time of year. I will be taking my boat but because my mate gets sea sick at the drop of a hat ill have to do all my fishing in enclosed water.

Thanks

Gaz.

Where do we start?

Wagonga Inlet has plenty of flathead, bream, whiting as well as tailor and jewies. You can pump nippers on the sandbars around town, they are plentiful. There are 6 boat ramps servicing Wagonga so no worries there.

Beach fishing is ok too.

To the north at Dalmeny there is Mummaga which holds good flathead.

To the south you can fish Corunna Lake down near Mystery Bay. This is the local ski boat place but holds good fish and has a good ramp and BBQ families.

A few things to do. Fish, play Narooma golf course, the Narooma Icecreamery has great homemade gelato. Best fish and chips etc are at Dalmeny. Also Oysters are a must as they are grown locally in Wagonga.

Look up the Ocean Hut Compleat Angler in Narooma for all local fishing info, they are online and on Facebook.

Good luck, you will definitely return. We did for 21 years for our family holidays from Sydney and still go down for a week in February as a couple.

Pete.