Brisbane Waters today

gregh1

Well Belligero and I headed out at 7am this morning and our first stop was drifting in Hardys Bay. We picked up a nice flattie around 55cm. It went down well for the wife and I.

Headed over to the rip bridge and drifted down to paddys channel catching pinkies, plenty of squid and a few swimmers.

We moved back to the east side of the rip bridge and lost what we thought was a decent jewfish, a nice sized blue swimmer and possibly a flattie. Caught an undersize flattie and more pinkies.

We moved on to lobster beach trying for bream but no luck there. My singlet ended up in the water and I foolishy jumped in to save it but the tide was running out quite fast and belligero had to pull up the anchor and come to my aid. I was swimming and not making any headway.

Belligero caught the majority of our catch today and it shows that he is very experienced. I am fairly new to boating. Just bought my boat in October and it was nice to spend the day with someone who knows his way around the waters.

Not to mention all his help in setting up my new sounder!!!

Looking forward to another day out there soon!!

Greg

post-30637-0-94028000-1420275118_thumb.jpg

Edited by gregh1

Really good day on the water, If only it was overcast I think we would have picked up a lot more flatties.

For anyone who's wondering the flathead was taken on nuke chicken 5" shad & squid on an yama 3.5 pink squid jig.

Squid were very very active yesterday, At times we had 3 or 4 just hanging around the boat.

Keen to get out and do it all again soon!

Cheers

Took my boat out today for a few hours. Blowin gale however missus caught 25cm snapper.

Only was out for a few hours.

Lost the bloody burley bucket, Forgot to pull it in!

You did my trick mate!! Oh well, you will have fun picking out the latest in burley buckets at you know where!! Always heaps of pinkies to be had!!

Quote.

'We moved on to lobster beach trying for bream but no luck there. My singlet ended up in the water and I foolishy jumped in to save it but the tide was running out quite fast and belligero had to pull up the anchor and come to my aid. I was swimming and not making any headway.'

Never get off the boat.

Kurtz got off the boat........

Edited by Ryder

Where were you pulling in the squid, I'd love to get some inside BW.

Do the dift down from the rip bridge heading back towards paddys channel. When the current isn't screaming it's been very productive. Once that tide gets going it's hard to get the jig down.

Edited by Belligero

Do the dift down from the rip bridge heading back towards paddys channel. When the current isn't screaming it's been very productive. Once that tide gets going it's hard to get the jig down.

Thank you, Ill give it a go, Im presuming the South side of the channel?

If you can find the 'submerged submarine cable' sign thingy in Paddys channel, go on a drift back and forth from it.......

There always seems to be a heap of them hanging around the weeds around there......

And as an added benefit, there's a good chance you'll get yourself some tasty flatties at the same time!! :)