Botany Bay Today

GoingFishing

G'day Raiders

Fished Botany Bay today launching at 3am. tried for squid for 3 hours and only managed one, saw plenty follow the jig up to the boat but get spooked.

Tried down rigging the live squid which lasted all but 30 seconds in the water before I hooked up. Didn't feel like a very big king but it spat the hook before It came up. Single 3 hour squid gone :(

Then tried micro jigging with a Maria Shorecatcher 41gm Pink which I bought new and came highly recommended from a tackle shop and on the 5th cast hooked up to a very decent king which took off on a blistering long.... Long run. I was about to be spooled when I tightened the drag In a last attempt to gain back some line but 2 seconds later my line went slack. There goes Mr king with my brand new jig in his mouth only 3 casts old.......

After that moved to the flatty grounds and picked up undersize flatties, one gurnard and an undersized flounder

Still a great day on the water, packed up before the wind came in and headed home.

Edited by nbdshroom
Tackle shop named.

Unlucky about the jig GF, Glad to see the bay waking up for 2015....how deep where the king hit?usung berley? If under 10 metres u gotta put some hurt on em asap..?... What gear were u using? I'm doing the same tomorrow so hoping for the first 2015 trifecta too. Squid flatly king .....

the kings were al molinoux point I've been finding them there consistently between 530am and 8am after that very rarely on the bite.

They're normally within 30m of the rock wall that runs along prince of Wales drive.....

Thanks for sharing good info.

Cheers

Paikea