Avoca Beach

EGK24A

Hi Guys,

I am heading on during the week since I finally got some time off work. Wanted to take the familia up to Avoca and was wondering what you can catch there?

Also, I want to squid there for live bait so I am wondering if there is anywhere I can squid from at Avoca? Should I be fishing from the north side of Avoca or South Side? From the rocks or just the beach?

I will take a bag of pillies and freshly caught squid from the night before, but preferably I would like live bait as I want to try slide fishing out this way.

Any advice and help is appreciated :D

AvocaBeach.png

A couple of nights ago they were catching salmon at North Avoca using 3 gang hook pillies! I was walking the dog and saw 2 big ones that had been caught on the sand at about at least 2-3kg each. Plenty of tourists at the moment but still plenty of fish around. Are you land based or have a boat?

If you can find a nice gutter along the beach you can catch salmon or if you are lucky jewies and a few species of sharks.

Not sure if the bonito are around the rocks yet however they are around broken bay so I imagine they would be by now.