Huge school of fish in bondi!

gianniz

Guest no one

There's a shark??? In the ocean??? In a place where there's pretty much always fish busting up off shore??? Wow...

It amazes me how somethings make the news!

Ha Ed your sarcasm amuses me.

I think the concern was more the potential direct/visible threat to the swimmers on the beach rather than just writing junk news....There's been two bulls in the last few weeks seen there.. Good to know there's plenty of food!

Guest no one

It just amazes me how it makes the news so often. Yes Shark attacks are becoming more common but saying "hey look, there's a shark in the ocean feeding on a load of fish" is pretty much like saying "hey look at that bus picking up a load of people". Yes sharks kill... but so do buses, and to be fair... I think buses have killed more people last year in NSW than Sharks in the whole of Australia.

Its scare mongering and it makes me kinda mad. Did anyone see the article in the SMH about the sharks in the Harbour? Saying how there had been 10 fatal attacks in the last 100 years? 100 years!!!! The article was saying basically don't swim in the harbour... I can't remember the last time I saw an article saying don't get on a bus because it might crash or don't get on an Aeroplane because it might crash.

Personally I'm very pro "save the sharks", I kite surf, surf, swim in the sea as as well as fish, and we see sharks all the time - we respect them and know that by being in the sea we are putting our selves at risk, but i think press like this makes the cull more viable to the average human... Press like this is pretty common and it's all for the wrong reasons!

They interviewed Hoppo from Bondi Rescue this morning on the ABC Radio.

Was really interesting listening to it, the announcer was trying to build it up , and Hoppo was being Hoppo.....he finally said to him, you don't sound to concerned.

Well, we have had one shark attack on Bondi in 80years ! On any given day we have a few thousand people on the water and 12 Sharks.

He said they had two sharks a 3' and a 5', happily feeding on fish

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD